Google

Friday, July 5, 2019

A Park that Crosses the Line

While in Oregon City, my mother and I visited McLoughlin House. This residence is the original house of a physician and politician from the days of early settlement. It actually was positioned further toward the river but had to be relocated due to land movement. However, it has been restored to it's appearance from the 1800s.

This 2-page layout is actually taken from a 1-page idea which you can see here. The border is on the left page and the journal box is on the right. The border and right page papers are all from the discontinued Archivers line from CM. The left side paper that looks a bit like diamonds is from a very old CM line which actually didn't fit the entire page. That's why I picked this layout--the border covered the missing space! The photos on the right are actually all postcards that I purchased at the house. They were matted with some tan paper so that they didn't get lost on the dark background.

On Sunday morning, after dropping my mom at church I visited the other half of the Fort Vancouver unit which is actually in the state of Washington. Portland is very near the border so I didn't have to go far, but it is odd that the unit is comprised of sites in 2 states even though they are close in distance. I did not get to see much of the fort as I needed to return to pick up my mom and rejoin the family festivities but I did see the movie and tour the museum.

This page is a pre-designed cardstock from the previous CM company. You can see that I didn't really follow the suggested photo spaces, but I don't really think that it is quite as noticeable. The kit came with matching journaling cards and I was able to use one with a car to describe my visit. The other 2 items are just memorabilia--postcard and unigrid. Quick completion!

No comments:

Post a Comment