Google

Friday, April 26, 2019

What's in That Case?

Heading further south, I arrived at Petersburg. I am fond of this place since Jim wrote about the battle in his first book. I saw the new movie and walked through the visitor center but didn't have time to walk the battlefield.

The theme for these pages is Red White and Blue. I chose wallpaper for all the pages. This one came from a CM paper pack that has a bit of a denim feel to it. Red mats help to keep the black and white photo from getting lost on the page. To add some more details I used an older CM star punch which has 2 different sizes. I cut the larger in white and the smaller in red and then stacked them.

These are some of the items I thought were most interesting in the museum area. I have overall shots and then some close-ups for detail.

Thanks to Jim's book I knew that George Meade played a key role in the battle and so I chose a sheet of paper I found with his likeness and a quote. The photos have a lot of orange in them from the back of the case so I didn't need to mat them. The right page is also wallpaper. I had found some digital paper for Gettysburg and sent it to a company to print full sheets of paper, This is one of the prints and I thought the red on the right page balanced the blue from the left. These photos also didn't need matting because their backgrounds were pale white.

No comments:

Post a Comment