Google

Friday, September 7, 2018

The Lost Orders

Between 2011 and 2015, Civil War Battlefield sites commemorated the 150th anniversary of the war. Many of them created special stamps for the occasion and the National Park Travelers Club had a special certificate for obtaining those stamps. I earned my certificate by attending a presentation on the Lost Orders at Monocacy in September of 2012. I will not tell the story here, but I do encourage you to look it up as it's an interesting piece of history.
I made this layout during the Creative Memories Sun-Sational Summer challenge in which we were to use ONLY new CM paper to develop layouts. That's really a challenge to me as I like to jump between all the variety of papers and items I own, but I did stick to the challenge for this layout.

To create this layout I used 2 pieces of paper--one from the Creative Memories Archivers Paper Pack and one from the Timber pack (no longer available). I cut each at 6" across the middle and then rearranged them so there was a "time" reference in opposing corners and similar patterned paper filling up the blank areas. The photos needed no matting with that paper--it's a really great background! The long border on the left is also from the Archiver's line, but from the Laser Cut Borders. If you've been to Monocacy you'll know that a bridge played a significant role in the battle, and I thought this gave the image of a bridge just a little. The journal box on the right is also from the Archiver's line and I loved the open journal book look to it. Especially when you can see the letter on the top of the page and the background of the brochure. This is one of my all-time favorite layouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment