Google

Friday, June 29, 2018

Stockton Island

Friday evening I booked a tour with the NPTC to Stockton Island, one of the many islands in the Apostle Islands group. We left the dock and sailed out to the island. Once there we had a choice of activities.

I haven't shown this technique in a bit--but this is the 4 squares. This is an older pack of CM thank you paper that I trimmed to 6" each. The journal box is one I made a few years ago. The strip along the bottom of the journal box is from the CM Done with One Travel die cut pack. The same strip was used to punch circles for the title. Those are layered onto gold sand colored paper and the title was spelled with mini letters.

The activity that I chose was to stay by the campfire with the ranger and play Native American Jeopardy. They would ask a question in English and not only did we have to know the correct word, we had to use the dictionaries provided to translate that to the Native American word. The pronunciation was the trickiest part.

This page is simply laid out and is decorated with some of the outdoors paper from a Creative Memories pack you've seen before. What is a little different about this is the photo in the upper right corner. See the "lift" tag? I used a new product from Creative Memories called Peekaboo Pockets to put in more sunset photos. I almost threw out 4 photos, but I was able to attach them to the page without crowding the layout! They are a great addition to the CM brand and you'll see them again in a couple of weeks!

The photo below is what the page looks like if you take the "lift" tab and extend it all the way to the left. If you compare the photos closely you'll see the difference from the one above.


I really went "all out" on my first use of the pockets. I created a string of 2 together!
Below is what the page looks like when you pull the tab all the way to the right.

What's great about the pockets is that you can attach them to the page directly at an edge, and they'll rest on top of the page protector, or you can attach them to the page protector directly. My recommendation is that if you cannot get the pocket near the edge of the page, attach to the page protector directly. I've tried on 2 different occasions to slice a hole in the page protector to let the pocket come through and each time it took a lot of effort and I ruined a page protector as well once. The strip above IS through the page protector because of the direction I wanted the flaps to open, but I'm not sure I would do it again.

I hope you try your hand at them and let me know in the comments how you liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment