Google

Friday, August 14, 2026

Small but Mighty

Welcome back to the blog! Before we continue with the regular 12x12 chronology pages, I thought I would take a minute to highlight my "Happy Album" or "Scrap Journal" sized pages. Part of the reason is that I haven't shared these with you before, and we have about 5 years' worth of pages to go through. The other reason is that I've taken a new job and have moved from Pennsylvania to Minnesota. As I had to pack up the scrap room, there isn't as much opportunity to prepare pages for showing!

The first set of pages I want to highlight is from July 2021. My albums feature a 2-page monthly calendar where I enter the month's highlights, followed by a 2-page layout with a few select photos of those events. In July 2021, I attended the NPTC convention in Washington, DC. Those photos are on the right side of the layout. You'll see me riding the Glen Echo Park carousel and our group photo at Belmont Paul Women's Equality National Monument.



If the photos look familiar, it's because I have already shared the 2021 convention trip. Check out this post on Belmont Paul and this one on the Glen Echo Park carousel. That's probably the best way to see the difference in size of these pages. Each Happy Album (as it was originally called) page is 6 3/4" wide x 10" long. I based this layout on a sketch I saved from the CM Blog (scroll to "traditional").

CM had originally made "kits" for the Happy Album. Each contained a few sheets of paper sized to the page, plus some stickers or other embellishments. This is Kit #2, which included the tropical pattern for the left beach page. The right is similarly colored but less "beachy". The coral cardstock mats help tie the 2 halves together.

No comments:

Post a Comment