Google

Friday, December 8, 2023

The Quilter's Cottage

 I found the quilting ladies in the building marked as a boarding house. You can tell if they are present as they hang that red and yellow quilt flag. They were very nice but had almost finished for the day so I didn't spend too much time with them. I did enjoy walking around the boarding house. I'm rather proud of my perspective shot of the pump through one of the window panes. 



I based this layout on one of the CM Summer Challenges. The idea was to use a border punch in multiple ways. I used 2 punches to make the borders across the top (the home punch and a barn punch). I then used the home punch to make a decorative mat (not crazy about the ones on their sides but it worked out in the end). And then I used the heart punch-outs from the houses to decorate the bottom of the page. The paper design is based on a sketch from the June 2023 CM Virtual Crop (scroll to sketch 3). I continued to use the Burlap and Lace papers and stickers. The red cardstock was almost a perfect match for the red in the quilter flag and the water pump handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment