Google

Friday, September 17, 2021

Boy oh Boy

My next stop was at the Lincoln Boyhood Home. Hard to believe that it is even smaller than the original, but they included an outdoor garden as a main focus of plants.



This layout is from my year-long class so I can't link the sketch. I used several variations on branches to get my rustic look. The paper at the top is from a photo paper pack. By cutting it I could stretch one piece of paper over 2 pages. The brown plaid is a leftover piece from one of the adventure/outdoor paper packs. The borders at the top and bottom are made with different border punches. The top is a border maker cartridge. If you look closely I have the branches facing to the middle to draw the eye there. The bottom is a stand-alone border punch. I chose to leave the branches bare this time because of the split rail fences in the photos. 

I balanced the left and right sides with 2 quotes. On the left is the sign from the display. On the right, I stacked a sticker from an NPS sign sticker pack (all blank) with a heritage phrase from Paper Loft. Just a couple of left-over fall stickers finished off the layout.


2 comments:

  1. LOVE the rustic look of this and those border punches! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous double layout! Love the branches border punch at the bottom! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!

    ReplyDelete