Google

Friday, February 19, 2021

My First Meet-up

 My next journey was not long after returning from Chamizal. It was special in its own way though because the National Park Travelers Club had recently developed a Meet-up program to encourage people to visit the parks together. We would receive a special meet-up stamp, as well as the park stamp, and both would count toward our yearly tallies. Vanessa put this one together on a weekend where Hopewell Furnace was doing a program on charcoal making. It was the fuel needed when the furnace was running daily--1800s. The buildings were renovated and recreated to be authentic to when this was a booming business.



I made this page for the July 2022 CM Virtual Crop. You can see the sketch on this page. I used an old piece of Discover(I think) CM paper. Since the border was pre-made I just had to fill in with photos and make a border at the bottom. I chose 2 pieces of CM Shortcuts. These were packs of decorative borders in various cardstock colors. The 2 I picked ended up looking like mountains and a fence and that worked well with the rustic feel of the photos. The middle embellishment is a flower from an old heritage pack. This came together quickly with the patterned paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment