Google

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Substitution

Last night I decided to bake some banana bread as the bananas I bought were getting too ripe for cereal. I pulled up the recipe on my laptop and started putting things together--first the dry works and then the wet works. And there it was--the part of the recipe I forgot when I thought in my mind that I had everything I needed: 1/2 cup sour cream or yogurt. Those are 2 items that are NOT usually stored in my fridge so I had to come up with a quick alternative. As I looked around I thought about a chocolate cake my mother used to make that involved mayonnaise. I thought, "Why not?" and added it in place of the yogurt (well, about 1/2 the normal amount and 1/2 milk to keep it from being too thick). The batter came together nicely and the finished product was pronounced very tasty by my husband even after I told him about my emergency substitution.

No comments:

Post a Comment