Google

Friday, June 15, 2018

Time Traveling in Indiana

The blog title refers to the interesting phenomenon of traveling from South Bend Indiana to Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. I crossed a time zone line while driving the 60 miles between my 2 stops. I left South Bend at 9:30 AM and arrived at Indiana Dunes at 9:30 AM! My first stop was the visitor center where I found information about the nearby Chellberg Farm. Although the buildings were not open for touring, I was able to walk around the property and get a sense of farm life. Including the little frog that welcomed me on the path.
 This layout was inspired by a Club Scrap page (scroll down to layout 3-4). The windmill was the main reason I wanted to use this paper and I think it worked out perfectly.

I thought I should actually see the lake and dunes for this park, so I looked at the map and found a place I could drive to with nice views. My favorite sign is pictured below and I came across it as I drove to the shore.

This layout is scraplifted from this page. I  liked being able to use some remnants on the page. The fence posts are cut from the Creative Memories Timber paper pack. I also used a title from Paper Loft, some old CM stickers on the top right, and some torn paper for the beach. The unigrid actually adds some life to the page with the image of the bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment