Google

Friday, December 22, 2017

Northwest Adventure part 11--Around town in Seattle

After our Boeing tour, we drove downtown to look around a bit. Jim had been to the city before so he became my guide. Being thrifty though we actually just looked at the sights and didn't purchase admission to anything. Still, looking at the Space Needle or the Chihuly glass exhibits from afar did nothing to detract from the experience. We used the monorail system to get from one part of the city to the other. (OK, that we did purchase!)















So, I had a piece of paper with a cityscape on it, and a border sticker with a cityscape. Pair them up and you have a 2-page layout that matches! The journal boxes got a few decorative touches but there was no need to decorate the pages further. The monorail tickets are in a protective pouch.

We did a LOT of walking. I was surprised at how hilly the city was given that it is right next to the ocean. I was expecting the land to be more like the east coast beaches. On the right page below is my attempt to show a moving sculpture outside the art museum. If you look at the hammer you'll see I chose a sequence of photos as it moved up and down.
















On the left page is another set of Creative Memories borders I made. These had a good sight-seeing feel to them with the camera and maps. On the right is just wallpaper over (what turns out to be) a Fast to Fabulous page. If you find that the layout on one side doesn't work for you, feel free to cover it up! The other side will work fine for the next page.

So you can't go to Seattle and not see Pike Place Market. I did get to see them throwing fish, but couldn't quite catch them on film. We had dinner at one of the local restaurants as well to finish our evening.


As I mentioned, these were fast-to-fabulous pages. I do wish the photo boxes were a LITTLE more to the right so my brochure fit a little better. But on the right, the Good Eats & Treats page was custom made to highlight all the great food of the markets and restaurants. (Remember that page from the cruise? It fits a multitude of situations!)

No comments:

Post a Comment